The custom acquisition for custom systems. Our acquisition backbone is the VMACS, the Vessel Monitoring Alarms and Control System, with a redundant ethernet ring as a dedicated communication link. All intelligent VMACS junction boxes are fully self- supporting and continuously broadcast information. All workstations, panels and remote monitoring displays are able to use that information for visualization and to command any junction box. The result is the ultimate redundancy and fault tolerant system.
Handling electrical signals and converting them to information, which can be handled by the system and vice versa, is the task performed by the VMACS acquisition level. This data acquisition level can be divided in two ranges of VMACS units, namely the single board and the multi board.
The multi board VMACS consist of an intelligent junction box equipped with I/O boards and converters. Radio Zeeland DMP B.V. offers a vast range of boards, making the junction boxes more than flexible and able to be adapted to specific requirements:
- Processor boards (data link electronic engines, energy systems)
- Filter boards (redundant power feed, system communication)
- Digital input boards (switches, contacts, pulses)
- Analogue input boards (sensors)
- Digital output boards (relays) (overrule feature possible)